Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels


Pretzels are uniquely American in the same way that fortune cookies and chop suey are American. The first soft pretzel I saw was on Ellis Island when I was on vacation in the US four years ago. Prior to that sighting, I had only seen small packaged hard pretzels in the specialty aisle in New Zealand supermarkets. To be honest, I don’t quite comprehend the appeal of pretzels. It is just over-salted bread. Although originated from Europe, pretzels have become an integral part of the typical American diet, along with donuts and burgers.

It doesn’t take much to dip pretzels in chocolate. I wish I could tell you that I had made the chocolate and the pretzels. Now THAT would be impressive. I just really wanted to share the pictures; thus, this post became necessary.

Ingredients

Semi-sweet chocolate
Hard pretzels
Toppings (such as chopped walnuts)

Directions

1. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Dip the pretzels in the chocolate and place on wax paper. Sprinkled on any desired toppings. Wait until the chocolate has hardened before carefully peeling each pretzel off and storing in a sealed container.





No comments:

Post a Comment