When I found out that it was national chocolate chip day from my trusty Foodimentary twitter followee, I simply had to make some over-adorned chocolate chip cookies. There was just one problem: my oven was broken. So you may think, well there’s simply no way of making cookies without an oven; however, I did not let this one small setback stop me from pursuing my dream of the day. No… I put on my thinking hats and milked my creative juices. I thought, if you can cook a cake on a countertop (think pancakes) then surely you could cook a cookie on a countertop too?
1 ¾ cup flour
½ cup old-fashioned oatmeal
½ cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup pretzels, broken into pieces
1. Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl. Stir in the oatmeal.
2. In a big bowl, beat eggs till frothy. Add olive oil and vanilla and beat until completely mixed. Add sugars and mix thoroughly.
3. Slowly add in flour mixture a little at a time and mix in with a fork. Stir in the chocolate chips and pretzels.
4. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Roll cookie dough into 2-3 inch patties and place on the skillet.
5. Cook on one side for a few minutes until the top is no longer shiny. Flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes more.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.